During this month’s meeting, we welcomed seven guests and one new member, Nanci Conner, professional organizer at Organizing by Nanci. The Professional Development Lottery was brought to a vote by Valerie Thompson, seconded by Kate Channell and passed with a unanimous vote.
Miranda Winter of SERVPRO Statesboro was the member spotlight and provided a gift basket for the monthly raffle.
Our scheduled programming topic was Emotional Intelligence, presented by Rachael Barrett, senior career development specialist, and Amy Taulbee, associate director of Career & Professional Development, both with the Office of Career & Professional Development at Georgia Southern.
PWS News that was mentioned/discussed:
- Upcoming programs: Wed., Oct. 24, at the Georgia Southern RAC with a presentation from a Women’s Wellness Panel and board nominations, and Wed., Nov. 14, on Gender Communication followed with board elections.
- Valerie Thompson, treasurer, gave the Treasurer’s Report, reminding everyone that dues need to be paid.
- Kate Channell, secretary, reminded everyone to check the membership directory that’s now live on the website to ensure all info is correct.
Upcoming Networking/Outreach Events:
- Business After Hours: Thursday, September 20, 5-6:30 p.m. at Farmers and Merchants Bank.
- PUTTing Kids First Min-Golf Tournament, Friday, September 21
- Strike Out Child Abuse with The Exchange Club of Statesboro, Thursday, September 27
- First Friday- Ag Night Out, Friday, October 5
We want to highlight YOU! Do you have news to share about you or a fellow member with PWS? Email Mindy Fair at email@example.com, and let us know!