The April meeting for Professional Women of Statesboro met on Wednesday, April 18, at The Hall at 40 E Grill.
During this month’s meeting, we welcomed new member DeAnn Lewis, accountant for Georgia Southern University. America Minc proposed a change to scholarships, and our member spotlight was on Michelle Martin, assistant director of CRI Programs at Georgia Southern University.
Our scheduled programming topic was 1 Life By Design: Living Your Life By Design and Not By Default. Mandy Edwards, program chair, introduced Jill Johns of Jill Johns International.
Our April raffle ($150 value) for a Wealth Dynamics program was provided by Jill Johns.
PWS News that was mentioned/discussed:
- Next month’s program will be the Scholarship Banquet with keynote speaker, Dr. Patrice Jackson.
- Valerie Thompson, treasurer, gave the Treasurer’s Report, reminding everyone that dues need to be paid. An email about quarterly dues was sent the previous week.
- Kate Channell, secretary, reminded members to update their contact info for the membership directory.
Upcoming Networking/Outreach Events:
- PWS will not meet during June and July. There will be a Book Club on June 28 for members who are interested in reading Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg at The Millhouse.
- Business After Hours: Thursday, April 19, 5-6:30 p.m. at Citizens Bank.
- SHE Expo, Saturday, May 12, 2018 from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m., Nesmith-Lane Building on the Georgia Southern campus.
- Happy birthday to Christa Mallard, Tiffany Gearhart, Kelly Kahley, Jenni Kight, and Michelle Martin.
- Congratulations to Miranda Winter for winning the Statesboro Voice Competition!
- Jenni Kight and Stouthouse Media offered a 20% discount to all PWS members now through August 1.
- LBWF applications open May 1.
We want to highlight YOU! Do you have news to share about you or a fellow member with PWS? Email Mindy Fair at email@example.com, and let us know!